Church History

History

 Established September 15, 1901. Boynton Mennonite Church began as a small congregation on an acre of land in Boynton township. September 14, 1902 Boynton dedicated its new building to service for the Lord.

In 1967 the congregation voted to build a new church in the village of Hopedale. The first worship service was held on July 19, 1970. The building was dedicated on September 20, 1970. In September 1980 a church spire and sign were dedicated. An enclosed entrance and an elevator with an entry were added as the church began to "build up". On June 13th 2004 the church broke ground for an new sanctuary and fellowship hall attached to the existing building. In July of 2006 Boynton held the first Sunday morning service in the new sanctuary.

For many years the congregation has partnered with the Hopedale Mennonite Church in Vacation Bible School, Mennonite Youth Fellowship, as well as many other activities. In September 2001, Boynton celebrated 100 years of service to the Lord. We are hopeful that the next 100 years are full of growth and service to the Lord.

Comments